Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Hilarious Story Told by Elder Bowring's Companion, Elder Zaugg

Now, a story that happened during proselyting on Wednesday I believe.  We were teaching two girls named Princess (common name in Liberia) and Annie about the Restoration.  I had just got done talking about what Jesus Christ had done on the earth, so my companion (Elder Bowring) was getting ready to speak on the Apostasy.  He goes into telling more, and begins to expound a scripture to them.  Amos 8:11-12 to be exact.  It mentions that there will not be a famine of Bread or water but of hearing the words of the Lord.  As he was explaining this, he said, "We can see that there won't be a famine of Breasts......." then it got silent.  I had my attention on these girls making sure they were understanding everything, listening to my companion, and when I heard this, I was stunned.  I looked at my companion and he was already starring at me with wide eyes.  I am a horrible missionary for what happened next, and I have sincerely repented for it, but I couldn't hold in my laughter anymore.  I was crying I was laughing so hard.  He tried to continue with the lesson and I had my head down trying not to make it obvious, when out of no where he says, "and I'll let my companion explain the rest" He did this because he couldn't stop laughing either!! now what am I suppose to do?? I tried my all keeping it together, and I told them that we will just start from here next time.  The spirit was totally gone and we couldn't even stay focused.  The funny part was that the girls we were teaching didn't hear what he said, and they just started laughing along with us.  Oh man.... Once we closed we were walking away, and I looked at him and said, "Why is it that when you're not suppose to laugh, you laugh the hardest?"  we just kept laughing.  Memories for life!!!  I love Liberia! You never know what will happen next!


No comments:

Post a Comment