Monday, February 24, 2014

February 10, 2014

Well family this week was a good week and I hit my 6 month mark on mission. CRAZY. I cant belive that I have been out here for 6 whole months.  We celebrated last night with some peach cake which was freakin goodJ Anyways, this week started off a bit down. On Wednesday towards the end of the day I got the worst head ache. My head had been hurting me a little bit when we went out but I didn’t think it was that big of a deal, but by the end of the day I could barley see straight. Luckily we didn’t have to come in early and I was able to just finish out the day but by the time we got home I just hit the bed. I finally asked for a priesthood blessing so the other Elders came in and gave me a blessing. From the blessing I just had to much comfort come over me and I knew that everything was going to be good. The rest of the night I just layed low and in the morning I woke up and my head was still hurting but not as bad. Well we went out to teach and after a few lessons I noticed that my head just wasn’t even hurting anymore. I know it was because of the blessing that I received. I don’t know why my head hurt, I was totally hydrated and everything. It was weird but I was so thankful for that blessing. Well I think I have told you about the Mathew family before, they are such a sweet family but the father is kind of back sliding a little bit. We honestly stop there every day to there house. Its like a check point for us and they love to feed us so that’s good J Anyways, he has been telling us forever that he is going to come to church but he still hasent been there. It was the saddest thing, this week one of his daughters (Surprise is her name) said she had something for me and Elder Cottrell. She gave us a note and so we read it back to the apartment. It said that her dads behavior has changed a lot over the last few months and he is not acting Christlike any more and she asked us to please keep him in our prayers. It was the saddest thing to read, his own daughter noticed how bad he is acting so please keep him in you prayers. Anyways we had another baptism this week. We baptized a members daughter. For the baptism we had a miracle. We told her and her mother to be there by like 9 or 9 30 because the baptisms start at ten. Well we got there at about 9;15 and they weren’t  there yet but I wasn’t to worried. Well the young Women 1 councilor got there at like 9 45 and she still wasn’t there. So we waited and waited and still nothing. I was starting to get disappointed and then it hit about 10. Me and Elder Cottrell decided we would go on a rescue mission and go and get her and bring her to the baptism. Right when we got to the front of the chapel to grab a bike, here came Blessing and her mom rolling up on a bike. I was so happy, so we were able to have an awesome baptism. For the baptism I had to wear the SKINNIEST freakin baptism pants.  I brought my own but I didn’t think we were going to have a baptism so I loaned my pants to an Elder whose pants didn’t fit him good. So when blessing showed up, he already had my pants on, so he gave me his to wear. Skinny jeans to the max, I thought I was going to rip the pants when I dipped blessing down into the water haha. It was all good though. I was able to confirm her on Sunday as well and we were able to confirm Jamell Tarplah from last week and give him the Aaronic priesthood so that was way cool. Well this week end I had a pretty cool experience. Our district has been doing good but on Saturday some little things came up and there was a little contention in the distrtict so I decided to get everyone together and just talk about what has been bugging people and just talk and get everything out. Well everyone cooperated well except one Elder. He just put his head on the table and said that he didn’t have anything to say. Well i have been trying my hardest to try and just have peace in our district so I brought up this situation to the zone leaders in follow ups and they told me that they suggested that I should try and show more love and have long suffering. Well that night I prayed and asked heavenly father to show me some opportunities to serve the people in my district and be able to do those things to help them. Well Yesterday morning I was washing my dishes after breakfeast and I noticed that this Elder  had a few bowls he hadn’t washed yet. The thought came to my mind that I should wash them for him but I thought “no I have done them for him before and he doesn’t even notice my effort” Well I finally decided to do them for him. Well about 30 minutes later he came into my room and he asked me if I washed his dishes for him and I told him that I did. Then after he told me thank you. That thank you meant so much and after that I could really just tell a difference, not only in just him and my self but in the whole district. Really comes to show you that Heavenly father is just right there willing to show us the way if we are willing to just humble ourselves and ask him for the help we need.  Well anyways that was about my week for this week. Tomorrow we have zone conference and we have the President of the West Africa Area coming and talking to us so that should be really good, I am excited for it PLUS we get free food and a lot of it (probably the most exciting part of the whole thing haha jk but is exciting) I hope you all have a wonderful week. I love you all.
Elder Bowring
Dear mom and Dad
Well I just want to say how much I love and appreciate you guys. I know at times it might not seem like I appreciate it and I don’t get to email you all personally to much but I just want to let you guys know that I think about you everyday and the things you guys taught me as a kid. You guys did such a great job at raising me and I learned so many important things in life. I try and take that into being a district leader and I honestly don’t know how you guys did it haha. You guys honestly are the best though. I love looking at the pictures of you guys  and our family and just thinking about how wonderful and amazing we have it in our family. It means the world to have parents who are sealed in the temple and keep there covenants with eachtother and just love eachother. You guys are bar none the greatest examples in my life and you are both my heros. I love you guys so much and I hope you are just having an awesome wonderful time at home. I hope that work is going well for both of you and that things with the family are going well to . I miss you everyday but I know I am where I need to be. Love you guys so much and thank you for all the support I have had the last six months. You guys are the best, Love you son, Elder Bowring

No comments:

Post a Comment