Monday, January 27, 2014

January 27,, 2014

Dear Family,
Well this week was just another action packed week haha.   This week we finally got the November Liahona so I can FINALLY read the General conference talks. I have been dissecting them all week and they are so good. Its always great to read those talks, we can learn so much from the apostles and prophets. I actually got some letters this week to which was very nice. I love getting letters. Elder Cooper also got his birthday package that you sent him mom, he was so excited about it and was just pumped about it. He said he is going to email you so I guess just be ready for that haha. It was nice to see him so happy though. I forgot to say last week that I got Grandma and Grandpa Lovells package to. I have already almost destroyed all of the jerkey haha its so good, so thank you for that. This week we have been going and playing soccer every other morning. There is a small little dirt field near our compound so we run over there in the mornings and we play against eachother. Its fun, its almost like morning basketball (not quite as good though) I’m starting to get some real skills going though haha jk I still aint to good but its nice to go out there and run around and sweat and have some competition going on. Sometimes it can get a little heated with the Africans but that’s ok I love the competition haha. Anyways this week I had a really cool experience. Me and Elder Cottrell were going around all day and we had only had a couple of lessons, just a ton of bounces. It was really getting frustrating. Anyways we went to the clinic that one of our investigators works at to see if he was there so we could teach him. Well he wasn’t there so we just tried to see if he was to his house. (his house is right by the clinic) Well while we were walking out to his house a women started running up behind us and it turned out to be our Second Counsilors wife. I guess he was in the clinic and was really sick and had Malaria. He saw us and wanted us to come and anoint him. He had a friend who was coming but it was just his friend so I was able to anoint him and his friend was able to Give the blessing. Its such a blessing to have the priesthood and to just be able to use it when ever you need to use it. That is one thing that I wish I wouldn’t have taken for granted for back home was fathers blessings. I would kill for one of those right now. Anyways, I know that for the rest of my life I am going to stay worthy so that will be in a position to use my priesthood and help somebody out because it really can bring about miracles. Such a blessing in our lives. Well this week we had a good week at church. We got one of our less active brothers to come. His name is Dr. Richard and it has been along time since he has been to the church. He had some health issues that drew him away from the church but we have been able to help him with his doubts and concerns and I am just praying that he comes back stronger than ever but he took the first step by coming back to church so that was exciting to see. We had about 7 investigators to church  so that was awesome. One  of the Tarplah’s is going to be baptized this Saturday also. I am so excited for him. The wife and the husband are getting really close to finalizing there legal marriage so the wife, Cynthia, is going to be baptized soon. I am so excited, I just love that family so much. They are just awesome. Well anyways, yesterday, Elder Enwukwari (the same elder I got into a little fight with last week) Tried to punch his companion. It was strait up crazy. They had been fighting all day and they got into a huge fight AT CHURCH and was just causing a seen in front of all the members. It was so embarrassing.  Me and Elder Cottrell did what we could to calm them down until the zone leaders showed up. Then later that night they got into it again and that is when Elder Enwukwari tried throwing a punch. It was pretty crazy because I was holding Enwukwari back so he had to like swing around my me. It was strait up crazy. Anyways, needless to say president was called and we now have an emergency transfer going down for this week. One of the zone leaders, Elder Finau is moving in with us to be Enwukwari’s companion for the week. We have transfer news coming this week so we will see what will happen. Any ways I guess we will see how it all is. Got to love mission. Learning new things everyday. Love you all and hope you have a wonderful week J I know I will J Love Elder Bowring


No comments:

Post a Comment